Portlock Drive Explorer
Portlock Drive Explorer is a utility contained on the Portlock Boot CD for NetWare that displays files and folders on your computer in a fashion that is similar to Windows Explorer. NTFS, FAT32, FAT16, NetWare Traditional and NetWare NSS file systems are supported.
Use Portlock Drive Explorer to recover individual files or directories from a corrupted system and copy them to an external location (USB, FireWire, Floppy, Mapped Drive, etc). Portlock Drive Explorer is also capable of creating a bootable USB drive and mounting ISO images. With support for both Windows and NetWare file systems, Portlock Drive Explorer is essential for every system administrator.
- Added support for creating Bootable USB Drives in Portlock Drive Explorer.
- Added additional device drivers to support the Compaq DL380 G5.
- Added French, German, Spanish, Chinese and Japanese languages for the Portlock Programs on the Portlock Boot CD for NetWare. Note: Portlock Drive Explorer is not a Unicode application and cannot display Chinese or Japanese.
Additional Portlock Drive Explorer features
- Supports Windows "on-disk" snapshots. These are snapshots that Windows periodically takes of a running system. Snapshots are scheduled, usually twice per day by Windows and are also taken just before critical actions such as installing a device driver or application. Portlock Drive Explorer displays these snapshots just like a drive letter, except with the name of the snapshot.
- Supports Windows file systems that do not have a driver letter assigned.
- Supports NetWare Traditional volumes (NetWare 3.x thru NetWare 6.x).
- Supports NetWare 6.x NSS Pools and volumes.
- Supports NetWare 5.x NSS Volumes.
- Supports Windows file systems on GPT formatted disks.
- Supports Windows file systems on non 512-byte sectored disks.
- Supports mounting ISO images as file systems (they are attached to a drive letter such as T:)