Portlock Products for Microsoft Virtual Server
and Virtual PC
DOS TCP/IP Microsoft Virtual PC Boot Disk
This download is a TCP/IP boot floppy based upon the Novell DOS TCP/IP Client, DOS 6.22 and supports the DEC 21140 Ethernet NIC.
TCP/IP Boot Floppy (1.4 MB VFD) for Microsoft Virtual PC
- Download the Virtual Floppy Disk and save to your system.
- Select the Virtual Machine that you want to boot with this Virtual Floppy Disk.
- Start the Microsoft Virtual PC Virtual Machine.
- After the Virtual Machine starts, select the Floppy menu item.
- Select "Capture Floppy Disk Image..."
- Specify the downloaded Virtual Floppy Disk.
- Restart the Virtual Machine.
- Note that the Virtual Machine is now booting from the Virtual Floppy Disk.
- The TCP/IP stack will use DHCP to obtain a TCP/IP address.
- This Virtual Floppy Disk even works on Microsoft Virtual PC for Mac.
- You must first start a Virtual Machine before you can attach a Virtual Floppy Disk to it. Then you must restart the Virtual Machine.
- You can also copy this Virtual Floppy Disk using a product such as WinImage to a real floppy diskette and then boot the Virtual Machine from a floppy diskette drive.
- TCP/IP using this Ethernet Chipset emulation is not very fast. The best that we can achieve is about 1,500 Kbytes / sec.